SEPAC is the Special Education Parent Advisory Council. Every school district is required, by law, to have one. As a group, we support parents and guardians of children who have an IEP, 504 Accommodation and/or Out-of-District Placement.
Hopkinton SEPAC believes in the importance of each child’s education, striving to continually improve the quality of Hopkinton’s special education programs through a variety of programs, speakers, administration meetings, and community outreach services. We provide resources needed from the preschool age child to the high school graduate and beyond.
To do that, we:
- Advise the school district on:
- development and operation of special education programs
- parent and teacher training needs
- policy development
- Create a network of parents of children with special needs and a forum to share information
- Promote communication and programs within the community to encourage understanding, acceptance, inclusion and compassion toward all children
- Offer informational forums to parents, educators, students and professionals
- Provide information to SEPAC members on local, state and national organizations, councils and groups
- Support the special education staff with volunteers and resources where possible
Who can participate in SEPAC/ attend workshops?
All parents and guardians of Hopkinton students receiving special education services are encouraged to become involved in SEPAC. Participation is also open to other interested parties such as teachers, service providers, students studying special education, and families from other towns. All workshops are open to the public.
What are ways I can get more involved with SEPAC?
Attend our meeting listed on our calendar. Also we are always looking for volunteers to help with our Community Outreach Committee and our Fundraising Committee. These are great ways to get involved with our organization and have fun doing so! If you are interested, please contact us at HopkintonSEPAC@gmail.com
How I join your mailing list?
Fill out the opt in form in the sidebar above.